Firebox® X unified threat management solutions provide the most complete security in their class for fully integrated, multifaceted protection from network threats, including:
» Spyware » Viruses » SQL injections
» Trojans » Spam » Buffer overflows
» Worms » Blended threats » DoS/DDoS attacks
» Web exploits » Bots » Policy violations
What Is a Unified Threat Management Solution?
Unified threat management (UTM) is an emerging trend in the network security market. UTM appliances have evolved from traditional firewall/VPN products into a solution with many additional capabilities, including:
- Spam blocking
- Gateway antivirus
- Spyware prevention
- Intrusion prevention
- URL filtering
These are functions that previously had been handled by multiple systems. UTM solutions also provide integrated management, monitoring, and logging capabilities to streamline deployment and maintenance. All of our Firebox X e-Series security appliances - Firebox X Peak™, Firebox X Core™, and Firebox X Edge - combine these capabilities for a superior UTM solution.
Firebox® X UTM solutions integrate multiple security functions in a single firewall platform
Built-in Zero Day Protection Is the Foundation
We start with powerful security right out of the box. The architecture of the Firebox X has built-in, proactive zero day protection to defend against new and emerging threats. Many vendors only provide signature-based protection. These reactive solutions actually leave their customers exposed to new types of threats during the "zero day" timeframe - between an exploit's discovery and a signature update's release.
Layers of Powerful Defenses Working Together
The security layers of the Firebox X architecture work together to strengthen overall security. Cooperative communication between layers reduces and fine tunes the processing required by the security functions. The result - you get the protection you need to stay safe while optimizing performance.
Powerful Security Services to Boost Your Defenses
Our flexible solutions allow you to easily add any of our subscription-based security services to enhance protection in critical attack areas. Services include:
- spamBlocker with virus outbreak detection The best in the industry at distinguishing legitimate communications from spam attacks in real time, blocking nearly 100% of unwanted emails and the viral payloads they carry. For more information view the spamBlocker Overview. [66kb PDF]
- Gateway AV/Intrusion Prevention Service with anti-spyware Robust, signature-based protection at the gateway against known viruses, spyware, trojans, and web-based exploits. For more information view the Gateway AV/IPS Overview. [177kb PDF]
- WebBlocker Increase productivity and decrease security risks by blocking HTTP and HTTPS access to malicious and inappropriate web content. For more information view the WebBlocker Overview. [147kb PDF]
The Role of Integrated Management
Whether you are an IT expert or a security novice, you'll find the integrated management, interactive real-time monitoring, and logging capabilities of our UTM solutions provide indispensable ease of use when configuring and managing your security. With WatchGuard System Manager, you can:
- Manage multiple appliances from a central location
- Easily create and implement coherent global security policies
- Rely on interactive real-time monitoring and logging
- Use just one intuitive interface to install and manage all security capabilities
A WatchGuard comprehensive UTM solution:
- Gives you true zero day protection from new and emerging threats
- Provides the flexibility to easily add any of our powerful security subscriptions
- Offers complete protection to keep your network safe on all fronts, blocking spam, spyware, viruses, worms, trojans, blended threats, and web-based exploits
- Relies on an intelligent architecture to deliver protection in multiple, fully integrated layers to optimize performance
- Can be easily upgraded to a higher appliance model within the line with a software license key
- Simplifies administration tasks including log file management, auditing, and compliance reporting to keep IT productivity high
- Lowers operational costs when compared with the complexity of setting up separate systems to defend against specific threats
Our Firebox X is a market leader in UTM security solutions. Rely on it for the comprehensive network protection you need to stay safe.
» See our UTM product descriptions.
» Learn more about Unified Threat Management and how it works to protect your network from all types of attacks Get the UTM white paper.